Mistakes have been made by all of us – there is no such thing as a perfect parent.
Parent groups will be led by Julia who specializes in child behaviour and development, and who comes into the space as a parent and as a therapist.
Julia will share examples of how doing it wrong actually brings about paramount growth and relationship repair. Being a “Good Enough” parent means showing up and getting it right only 33% of the time! Let’s take some pressure and guilt off ourselves- We Can Do This!!
*Please click the image to the right to watch a video of Julia further explaining the thought behind our Parent Groups.
What to Expect
- The content will be determined by who arrives in the group; the challenges will inform the discussions
- The groups are a place for parents to bring questions, difficulties, stories of success and trip-ups
- Through empathic reflection, Julia will share how children feel in different situations and support ways of shifting conversations
- Learn to separate yourself from what your child is showing you because their behaviour is not about you, but it is their way of communicating how they feel
- By learning to attune to the feelings behind the behaviour and seeing it as a gift to understand, you will see your child differently
- Learning to reflect and validate emotions allows your child feels heard and seen, the extreme behaviour will stop! Now they can show you how it feels to be understood!
- Learn to breathe deep and use self-regulation, co-regulation and presence to model healthy expression to your child
Virtual Non-Judgemental Space
- Confidentiality expectations will be reviewed at the beginning of each meeting while all cameras are off
- You will add topics into the chat box allowing themes to be gathered for the discussion
- As topics arise you will have the choice to verbally share in the group with to without your camera on, or you can have a more behind the scenes role of listening and benefiting from the shared experiences and discussions
- To attend the group, you need to pre-register with the clinic by completing an intake package using your name and information, and within Zoom you are able to sign in with an alias if desired
If you want deeper connection and a more nurturing and regulated relationship with your kiddos, then reach out today. We’re here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Will benefits cover the parent groups?
Around the time of the session, your credit card will be billed for $55+HST (or you will be asked to pre-pay) and emailed a Psychotherapy receipt. If you have extended health benefits that cover Psychotherapy then you’ll submit your receipt to your insurance company for reimbursement and they will reimburse you according to the parameters of your plan. Please check with your benefits provider.
What virtual platform will we connect on?
You can register for the group session up to 2 hours before the group starts (please see the registration links on this page) and we will send out a link to meet on Zoom (Zoom is an encrypted online video platform). Please ensure you have a device capable of using Zoom and check your email close to the time of the group session as these links will be sent out close to the time of the meeting so we can ensure all registrants receive a link.
What if I can’t make it to a group but I’ve registered?
We have a 48-hour cancellation policy so cancellation with less than 48-hours notice will mean you’re charged for the group. We ask for notice so that we can offer your spot to others and honour everyone’s time. We understand emergencies happen and can offer compassionate exceptions if you inform us.